With so many Royals involved in the 2015 All Star Game, we invited listeners and Royals fans out to Kelly’s Westport Inn to watch the American League in action. Guided by Ned Yost, the AL won, Lorenzo Cain provided two hits, and the Royals held their own despite media hand-wringing leading up to the game.
Throughout the night, we recorded some thoughts, talked to some guests, and shared some all-star and baseball memories. We’ve cut down the night into three parts for your listening ease.
Among those featured on this podcast playlist:
- Brandon Nichols (@psaprez), who provided shirts and hats for our giveaway
- Chris Kamler (@TheFakeNed), who lent his thoughts and production equipment
- David Lesky (@DBLesky) from PineTarPress.com who talked about 2nd half improvements and potential trades
- Craig Brown (@royalsauthority) from RoyalsAuthority.com who discussed the playoff atmosphere and the formative fan experience of last year’s team
- Max Rieper (@maxrieper) from RoyalsReview.com who talked about fandom and the Royals fan internet presence.
- Aaron Gnirk (@BIGDUMBFUNSHOW) from the Big Dumb Fun Show, who produced our first run of podcasts way back in 2011 and who showed us so much about how to do crazy things like these events.
We also talked about Billy Butler, 2012, Bo Jackson, and a little big of nonsense (couldn’t avoid it…)
Thank you to everyone who came out to the watch party. We got a turnout that far exceeded our expectations. Also a big thanks to Kelly’s Westport Inn for allowing us to take over their back room and for being so accommodating to us in the process.
And visit Royalspodcast.com for all the latest shows by and for Royals fans.