This week on the Vault, we could have spent all day rambling about the team’s recent slide but we figured we’d bring in some help.
Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star joined us to talk about various topics, such as:
• The swings of the Royals season (and the fanbase)
• The 2013 season making the Royals credible in the MLB landscape
• Trading Wil Myers and what it means for the Royals window
• The messages the front office sends and playing PR
• The “Evolution of Dayton Moore”
• Fixing second base and what message the Royals are sending about Johnny Giavotella and Christian Colon
• Miguel Tejada, PEDs, and the Kevin Kietzman story that caused a minor dustup among he and the Star
• Print, radio, and blog standards and the “meritocracy” of the internet
If you listen to just one Vault episode the rest of the season, this should really be the one…until the next one, that is.